I have been putting this project off for a while because I hadn't yet found the perfect shade of paint for my project. I found a cute rocking chair for my Little One at a yard sale and brought it home.


He loves it so I decided to fix it up for him. The paint was peeling and had been painted over instead of repaired so I stripped it. That took a whopping 6 hours and considering the size of the chair and the lack of detail in the wood, I would have thought that it would take much less. Who knew. So after stripping the paint, hacking the screws in half, and questioning my sanity, I sanded this little baby, put it back together and filled in the holes with wood putty and sanded again. I primed it, and let it sit for about a month while I decided what color to paint it.


Since I am new to this and I don't have a paint gun, I am limited to spray paint that I can find at HD, L's, and W's. Up til now I have used Zinsser Primer, Valspar paint, and Rustoleum paint. I have done pretty well with all those and have been mostly satisfied but this time I opted for a color by Krylon. I used Krylon gloss in Emerald Green. I love this color. Though, I don't know if I love the paint. I have read many good things about this paint but I found it to be weak as far as coverage goes. When I painted my chairs I used Valspar and one can of paint covered one full-sized chair with lots of detail with two coats and then some. It took me two cans of paint to paint this child sized rocking chair with no real detail. After I had painted it, I went to HD for something and found a very similar color by Rustoleum. I guess you could say I have buyer's remorse. C'est la vie. It is a beautiful color, don't you think?


I don't think the picture does it justice. 

                                          Eve