I went to the store and found a great deal on some canned pumpkin.  Pumpkin is great for you and with a little tweaking is great to eat in so many dishes.  I was excited so I bought two.  Imagine my surprise when I noticed that I really bought Pumpkin Pie Mix.  It already has the sugar and spices mixed right in.  Not quite what I was looking for.  I did the only thing I could think to do and searched for a recipe to use this in. 

I found a great site full of fun things. .  Carrots n Cake is the site I landed on and THIS is the recipe I followed.  I am looking forward to diving deeper in this site and finding other gems to try.

Here is her recipe-

1 C flour
1 C oats
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 C canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 C rasins
1/4 C walnuts

375 degrees for 18-20 min.

Changes I made.  I used olive oil instead of canola oil since I had that.  I used pumpkin pie mix that has added sugar.  I used 1/2 C chocolate chips instead of the rasins and nuts because thats what I had and it just sounded good. I also made 12 muffins instead of 9.


We each ate one then put the rest in the freezer in sandwich bags tied off to keep the air out.  I put one in the Hubbs lunch each morning for a week and he loved them.  By lunch time they were soft enough to eat but still cool enough to be a nice summer treat.  This is a recipe we will make again and again. 

XOXO Mist