I have heard these called Chocolate Crinkle Cookies but in my house they are Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies. I know that is a lot to say in one breath but it seems to suit them better than "Crinkles." This cookie is not for the faint of heart. This rich, cocoa cookie is filled with mini chocolate chips and dredged in powdered sugar. It is a favorite at my house and one that I can't seem to keep around very long.

The thought of making cookies often hits me at night, just before bed. It may be in part due to the fact that the time after dinner and bedtime routines is my time to reflect and think about what I have done that day and what I have to get done tomorrow. I make my cookie dough at night and leave it in the refrigerator over night to chill. I don't even have to cover it. In the morning I bake my cookies after the little ones have gone to school. That way, I always get the first taste. I think these cookies are best eaten the next day. That is how I like it.

Ingredients

3/4 c     Melted Butter
1 c         Sugar
2            Eggs
1/2 c    Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 tsp     Vanilla
2 c         Flour
1 tsp     Baking Powder
1 tsp     Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
6 oz       Mini Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
3/4 c     Confectioner's Sugar

Mix butter, sugar, and cocoa together. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to chocolate mixture. Do not over mix. Chill dough in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Form into 1 inch balls and roll in confectioner's sugar. Bake at 350* on ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for at least 5 min. Transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy!!

*Hint* I use parchment paper to make cleanup easier as these are quite messy.


                          
                              Eve