I had some bananas that were past the point of looking tasty.  So I did what anyone would do and went through my pantry to see what I could make from it. We ended up with a muffin which is one of the things I love to cook because I can make a bunch and freeze them for later.


Here are my ingredients.
1 C White Flour
1 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 C Sugar
1/2 Butter or Margarine
1/2 C Cocoa Powder
3/4 C Diced Pecans
3/4 C Chocolate Chips
3 Ripe Bananas
3 Eggs
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tblsp Vanilla
Optional Tablespoon of Flax Meal.


Step 1- The Wet stuff.
Preheat oven to 375.

Mix the Butter and Sugar in a bowl.  Cream it up and add the eggs and vanilla and at this point I add the chocolate chips because I want them to be equally mixed in.  Mush the bananas up and add them to the wet bowl.

Step 2- The Dry Stuff.
In a second bowl I have both flours, the pecans, salt, baking soda, cocoa powder and flax meal.  

Step 3- Combine, bake and enjoy. 
Add the dry stuff to the wet stuff and mix it up. 
Either grease or use cupcake liners in a standard sized muffin tin. It will be a thicker batter like a cookie dough so use two spoons to get it into the muffin cups.   Fill the cups 1/2 way full and pop in the oven for 14 minutes. 

Let them cool a bit before getting them from the pan. 

Next time I make them up I will add more chocolate chips.  Just round it up to a 2 C bag of them.  More chocolate is never a bad thing...

XOXO Mist