So for those of you reading this, you're probably thinking that I must be 600 lbs because all I ever post on here is food and generally desserts of some kind but it's not true. Sometimes there are dinners.
While searching through blogland I couldn't help but be tempted by the word, "truffle." Really, could you? Now I'm not talking about the dirty, treasures hunted by pigs, but the sweet, morsels of chocolate that call out to you in the middle of the night. I found a very simple recipe for truffles. I have always envisioned truffle-making to be grueling. Images of me sweating in my kitchen over a hot stove with a candy thermometer whilst my slab of marble awaited its turn to be abused have plagued my mind. To my great surprise, I was sorely mistaken. If you can melt chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave than you are set. There is not much more involved than that.





As usual, I made some adjustments per my taste. I used Newman-O's cookies because there is something about the thought of using Oreo's that just doesn't jive with me. I'm sure they are mostly the same but using the Newman's cookies makes me feel like I'm using a healthier alternative. I'm probably totally deluding myself on that but hey, whatever works. If I were to make these again, (they have been ok'd for a repeat by the critics,) I would use semi-sweet chocolate to dip them in as mine were too sweet for me. Even The Man thought that they were slightly sweeter than he would prefer and he has quite the sweet tooth. I also did not do the white chocolate drizzle because mine were already too sweet and that would have put it over the top for me. I might, however, consider dipping these in something...nuts, perhaps?...I don't know. I've always wanted to try the chili pepper and chocolate thing but it never comes up when I'm working with chocolate. Maybe next time.
If you want this recipe you can get it from Recipezaar or from WhiMSy love like I did. She does a tute on her site if you are the kind of person who likes pictures.

If you decide to make this please link back to us and share the blog lovin.

                                      
                               Enjoy!
                               
                                  Eve