I'm always on the lookout for ways to get my kids clothes for cheap.  They grow so fast they only wear them for a short while.  Why should I spend the same amount on clothes for me that I can wear for years as the clothes for them?  I signed up for the site off a referral link from a friend.  A few days later I got a shipment of boxes to fill.  I had no idea they were going to send boxes, it was a pleasant surprise.  It probably said in the fine print somewhere. 

The basics of the site.  You fill a box and someone buys it.  You get a credit that you can use on a different box.  Great recycling plan.  You pay $5 plus shipping which is $10.95 flat rate for the boxes they supplied, so $15.95 for a box.  Its free to send they boxes on the senders end since the buyer pays for it.  When you get a box you review it and give it a rating. 

Since it is a swap site there is a balance thing they have I have not discovered yet but read about.  Something to the point of buy as many as you sell to keep it even.  I have way more clothes then I need so I guess I will find out. 

I have just filled my first box.  I have not purchased on yet though.  I filled it up with clothes of the same size and gender and made a detailed description of them.  I also took a picture and put it up on flickr so that people could peek before they buy it. 

I got a referral link that said I could give my friends a $5 credit and get a $5 credit the first time they buy a box.  I'm not sure how that all works into the swap balance but I thought I would share it.  It can take your box down by $5.  http://www.thredup.com/270657  I also got an email after a week or so of signing up that offered me 30% off a box.  I don't yet know if these are able to be combined. 

I still have a lot to learn about this site but I am going to give it a try and let you know.  It may be a wonderful way to get my kids dressed at a discount.  It may be a waste of my time and money.  So far so good.  I will post part two as soon as my box is picked and rated. 

ThredUp



  XOXO Mist