I attended a baby shower this past Friday and made my Baby gift box specifically for that gift. She was having a boy which was good because I had leftover fabric and batt from my baby blocks so this gift cost me almost nothing. Had it not been for the fact that in my non-girly state I own no ribbon, this gift would have cost me $7 for the sippy cup and package of onesies that I bought. But alas, I am just getting used to the fact that girls like pink, dreamed about their wedding day, and like ribbons and ruffles. If you saw my closet and new where I've been in the world you may understand better. But I'll not bore you with that detail.

So, my tutorial for the box, which is in the works, will come in two or three sizes depending upon what I come up with to put in each box. The box size that I used for this gift was the medium size and measured 8 1/2" by 7" uh, -ish. It fit a sippy cup and sippy cup leash


washable fabric rings,


and a crinkly toy with tabs




all in one nice little box.




And here is how I finished it off. Just some cellophane and a little hemp tie.




I forgot to add the card like I always do. I don't know why that is. If I wanted to, I could definitely have fit a small fleece blanket, an outfit, some washcloths, binkies, or some receiving blankets. Probably not all at once, but some combination of the above would have fit. For such a small box, it really does hold quite a bit.

I didn't use a pattern for any of the gifts I made but I got all the ideas from Ashley at Make it and Love it. Just search through her tutorials and you'll see the fabric baby rings, the crinkly toy, and the sippy leash. She has a lot of great stuff so if you haven't been to her blog, check it out. I'm sure you'll find a lot of great things like I did.



                                                Eve