Really, no gimmicks involved. You can go from this




to this


in just 30 minutes or less.

I had some time on my hands and you know what they say about "idle hands." Since we began our blog I have noticed that I look at things very different now. No more do I look for "new" things. Lately I've been looking for "new to me" things and it has really changed my perspective on retail. I went shoe shopping the other day, an endeavor I generally greatly enjoy, but to my dismay I found nothing. Oddly enough, I even went to my fave shoe store and found a pair that I mostly liked but then thought to myself, "I can make these." I really cannot make shoes, well, not high heels, but I can re-purpose or rather, revamp a pair that I already own. But that is a post for another day.

So there I was, time on my hands, kids were being good, what more can you ask? So I did what anyone would do. I raided my closet for something to refashion. I had an old sweatshirt which shrunk on me. But of course it shrunk up instead of in. Now, I am not a tall person. In fact my brother says I have height envy and that is why my heels keep getting taller and taller. But really? It go shorter! So, I never wear this sweatshirt out of the house because it is so wide but also so short. Perfect project for a refashion.

I laid it out flat and traced a shirt that fit me better making sure to leave a seam allowance.



We are very sophisticated here using top of the line tools to get the job done right. Ha! No, not really, I used what I had, which happened to be...duh, da, dah....wait for it...sidewalk chalk.


Ground to a point by my gracious children. The great thing about using chalk to trace is you can use any color you need to in order to be able to see it, if you mess up just wipe it off, and it is easily laundered. It also will not hurt clothing if your little helpers happen to try to help while you are away.

I cut my shirt out one layer at a time so I wouldn't mess it up.


After it is cut out,


decide which side you want to be out or if you want it to be reversible. My shirt had some stains on it, probably from cooking so I opted for the inside out look. If you have a serger, serger the edged leaving the sleeves with a raw edge. I do not have a serger so I just straight stitched my shirt fairly close to the edge.







 That's it!



You can add embellishments or even cut off the neckline if you want to. I may revisit this project and add those later. We'll see. The best part of this was it only cost me time. That's just in my price range.

I have plans for what's left of the sleeves from this sweatshirt.


Can you guess what they are?

If you like this project or decide to make it, link back to us and send us some blog love.


         
                                            Eve