I am in the process of transforming a dresser to my liking and one of the things that has stumped me was the hardware. I spent a great deal of time trying to find a dresser in my price range that had a lot of detail and I finally did.  The next thing to do was pick a paint color. Done. And now I am addressing the hardware. The hardware on this piece was rather specific to the dresser and I think3
I would be hard pressed to even attempt to change them out because they are so specific with the design. But who knows, maybe I'll try that later. So what could I do? Paint it perhaps. I had decided to go neutral for the dresser color doing what I know so many other people have done. It's really because I haven't picked out my wall colors yet so I don't want to make my dresser some funky color only to have to paint my room to match or worse, have it clash with the wall colors. I digress, the hardware should have been easy. Clean it up and paint it...black?...red?...green?...ARGH! I don't know. But I found a way to fix my problem. So I will give you this small sneak peak of my dresser transformation. Here is my before picture of the hardware.

Kind of bleh. Here it is after I fixed it.

And a side by side comparison.

Awesome, huh! The picture doesn't really do it justice. If you see it in person, it isn't quite so silver. It looks very distressed. I really wanted to do a pewter kind of patina with gray undertones instead of the brass/bronze undertones but I couldn't work it out this time. I'm going to try it out with my completed dresser and we'll see how it works out. If it doesn't, then I'll try something else.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this transformation. If you've done something similar or what worked for you. We love comments.

Lininking up with