I am sorry for my lack of posts as of late. I have been really busy. A couple of years ago we got rid of some large boulders in our back yard. Our neighbor came and got them. But since it was in late March, the ground was wet and he really tore up our yard. I have always hated the grass as it was not very soft and I like to barefoot it out on grass so we decided to just get rid of it. That was probably two years ago and we have finally  "gotten around to it." We seeded the yard for grass, planted a garden, and put in a fire pit.

Where we live there is really rocky soil...er, dirt. That being the case, we had to truck in topsoil. So 28 yards later, half of which we moved by hand, we have the beginnings of a yard.

I am elated! Really.

It's been awhile since I've been able to have a garden and grow my own vegetables. This year, I have a garden. A late one, but a garden none the less. I also have fruit trees. I know it will be a few years before they produce and I just found out that my peach tree needs a mate, but at least they are there. You may think me weird, but I find myself going outside just to see what has been growing. We seeded our grass over Memorial day weekend and it has just started to sprout. It's funny how the little things make us so happy. I know it's just the bare bones of a yard but I hope you can see the potential that it has and hopefully what I was going for. Here is a glimpse of what I have been doing for the past few weeks.


My sage in the front yard.


My Butterfly bush


Maple tree



I know it doesn't look like much, but I am really excited about my grass. It grows more every time I look at it. It's amazing!


Fruit tree

Nectarine...it smells so good already!


Raspberry bush


 Lettuce


Honestly I don't know what this is. I'm sure I'll find out later.








Linking up at DebbieDoos
Homemaker on a Dime



                                           Eve